Sunday, June 20, 2010

One Year Later....

One year later and I'm updating again. There's something about the summer...oh wait, my days aren't consumed with work!

This was quite possibly the most difficult EOG season so far. On top of giving EOGs, my team managed to place 11 children. ELEVEN. The Exceptional Children's program in North Carolina requires a litany of evaluations to be given--educationals, IQs, social histories, the list goes on and on. So when you factor in that, on top of preparing for EOGs, middle school transition meetings, giving EOGs, attempting to do homebound, and regularly scheduled meetings, it has been a hard 2 and a half months. And when you come home, you don't want to cook, much less have to think about what to cook, so you wind up making whatever's easiest and has the most carbohydrates. Ironic how those two things go together.

Jimmy has started night shift. He really loves it. I don't mind it, in fact I like it better for the summer than regular 7-3:30 shift. I do feel a little guilty, as this incredible malaise has settled in and I feel very unmotivated and lazy, but he is working hard: cleaning out the garage and working on his projects.

I'd really like to blog more. I don't know that I can really call myself a "blogger," as I have had quite a lapse in postings! But I have "Stumble!d" onto some really awesome websites and I would like to try my hand at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment